Onwards and Upwards
And like a flash, we are done with P1, i.e. our first academic period, i.e. one of the most intense two-month periods of my life.
Highlights from this (very short) timespan include:
- A million and a half group meetings and assignments with my dysfunctional study group
- A data analysis course punctuated by a number of in-class bets with the prof
- Surprisingly lively accounting and micro-economy classes
- The best cafeteria of any business school in the world
- A visit to a PE firm in Paris
- A roadtrip to the Loire Valley region
- A boozy visit to the famous Oktoberfest festival in Munich
- Guest speakers ranging from alumni to industry experts to recruiters
- A strategy class culminating in a "Master Strategist Day" during which teams came up with sets of strategic options and presented them to the executive team of a company - we had the chance to spend some time with the CEO and Chairman, both of whom flew in just for the event
- And five very challenging exams over three days to cap it off.
So like a flash, we are done with P1. 20% of the MBA is already behind us and I can't wait for more!