INSEAD’s EMFin application process is conducted wholly online, where you begin by downloading an application form. There is also a list of documents that you will need to prepare, so be sure to find out what are the necessary items as early as you can.
Right after you have submitted your application, you will receive a link to complete the last step of your application process – a recorded video interview, where you are required to answer several questions. It is recommended that you complete the video segment as soon as you have submitted your online application.
To help you get ready for the video interview, Virginie Fougea, Director of Admissions, Financial Aid and Scholarships at INSEAD shares some tips on how you can prepare for this segment of the application process:
- Be ready to answer questions around your motivation for joining the programme and your values.
- Make full use of the practice questions, which are carefully prepared and recorded by the Admissions Team to ease you into the actual recording.
- Put a Do-Not-Disturb sign on your door so that your neighbour or the deliveryman doesn’t disrupt you in the middle of your recording.
- Keep your dog or cat away and ensure that they will not be able to disturb or interrupt you during the video session.
- Don’t rush to complete this exercise or wait until the last minute. Stress can be seen in the videos.
- Don’t overlook the technical settings (microphone, camera, internet). Test them prior to launching the exercise to avoid last-minute disarrays.
- Familiarise yourself with the practice questions, but don’t over prepare. It is nice to hear genuine answers.
- Don’t try to guess what the Admissions Committee would like to hear. Be honest and sincere rather than trying to please them.
- Don’t be shy, remember that the Admissions Committee wants to virtually “meet” you and get to know you better.