The TIEMBA has provided an instant boost to my network and helped me to establish new relationships in a pro-business environment, which is already allowing me to create and explore new business opportunities
Fun fact about yourself - what is something unexpected about you?
I bungee jumped off the highest peak of Thailand to conquer my fear of heights!
So, what made you decide to pursue the TIEMBA, and why did you choose INSEAD?
1) Personal and professional development. The Leadership Development Programme or LDP is a keystone of the TIEMBA programme and is designed to elevate your mindset to think like a CEO/CXO, leveraging your strengths and addressing individual blindspots.
2) Vocational relevance to my career and goals.
INSEAD is the top school in the world to learn about strategy and refine my consulting toolkit and combines the technical excellence and “techy” prowess of Tsinghua.
3) Build my network and accelerate my career. INSEAD and Tsinghua have the most influential and successful network of Alumni across EMEA; stepping up to leadership the training here can prepare me for senior leadership levels.
4) Explore new markets and cultures (i.e. China and wider APAC are completely new markets to me, so I wanted to expose myself and learn about that region better, they are massive economies and places I could do business in future).
5) Culture (e.g. people are nice, fun, human and humble, do not take themselves too seriously and easygoing, people here are not about being “elite”, but about "doing something good together”).
If you were to describe your experience so far in one sentence, what would it be?
A lot more engaging, fun and intensive that I thought it would be! Very work hard, play hard. The school is also very accommodating and works hard to find solutions to your needs.
Has the TIEMBA helped you in your career so far?
The TIEMBA has provided an instant boost to my network and helped me to establish new relationships in a pro-business environment, which is already allowing me to create and explore new business opportunities.
What are your thoughts about the multi-campus experience? Are you looking forward to experiencing this during your time on the programme?
Very much so, at the moment our class is split between those in China and elsewhere, so we all really want to integrate and be together in person as one class. Personally I would love to see more of China, I have never had the pleasure to visit yet!
Could you tell us more about your learning experience?
Intense but really intellectually stimulating and fun. It's a safe space to make mistakes and the insights, perspectives and thoughts of my classmates are a huge learning highlight for me.
What advice would you give to someone who might be interested in pursuing an INSEAD Masters programme?
If you can do it, do it!